Client Overview and Background
The client is the world’s largest online retailer of street-wear including Obey, Jeffrey Campbell, LRG, 10 Deep, Crooks & Castles, Diamond Supply Co. and more brands. Karmaloop sells clothes and accessories online and has over 200$ in sales.
The client was looking to increase their online presence and wanted to reach out to wide audience by exploring new channels for promoting their brand and selling their products online.
RapidValue implemented the Mobile Web App and Native Application for Karmaloop. This application allows their consumers to browse product catalog and purchase products online using their mobile devices at any time, from anywhere.
Some of the key requirements:
- Ensure wider reach to customer base and target through new channels of sales and marketing.
- Provide rich consumer experience with an user-friendly UI.
- Enable secure user authentication through unique user login.
- Integrate back-end servers to third-party payment system, ad platforms and social media networks.
- Analyze and assess consumer preferences and behavior on products showcased.
- Cost –effective solution and quick time-to-market.
Challenges and Our Approach
The client wanted to add a new mobile channel for their consumers. To meet client requirements RapidValue had to first identify the optimum solution (Responsive Web Design vs. Mobile Web App). The main requirements were – a cost effective solution, fast implementation time, on-going maintenance and support, and a high-quality user experience. The client already had an existing website and native applications supported for few mobile OS. They wanted to expand their reach by enabling the application across various mobile devices and by improving the existing native application.
For this client, it was important to select the Mobile Web App option instead of Responsive Web Design, for the following reasons:
- To reach the largest number of consumers while providing service.
- across multiple device types.
- Native apps are not fully SEO-friendly.
- Converting the existing website to Responsive.
- Web would take more time and effort.
RapidValue implemented a Mobile Web based m-Commerce solution and native application for Android users (since usage of Android devices by consumers is high). We also made enhancements to their existing iOS native app by fixing all the critical bugs and improving the user experience. This allows consumers to now shop online via mobile devices conveniently.
RapidValue designed the complete user interface, developed and deployed the mobile application, all within 3½ months.
RapidValue implemented an end-to-end Mobile Commerce solution for consumers to browse, review and purchase products online. Our main services for this application include – User Experience Design, Mobile application development, Mobile testing – manual and backend system integration through APIs with .Net MVC (re-using existing client code base with alternate mobile views to have seamless transition). We also provide on-going support and maintenance which include – periodic and seamless feature updates to application users.
Some of the key features and functionality include:
- User authentication – Unique login for each user.
- Product catalog – with product photos, price, details and review.
- Search and browse products – based on categories such as Men, Women, Clothing, Footwear, Accessories.
- Add product to Shopping Cart and Check out (via PayPal).
- Integration with social media networks – Share link via Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Push notification and Mobile Alerts – Send information on latest product offers/promotions.
- Integration with Google Analytics – To analyze consumer preference and behavior based on search patterns, demographics, product purchases etc.
- Integration with third-party Ad platforms – Facebook Ads and Distimo.
The implementation of mobile solution was beneficial to client. The following results were achieved for the client:
- Built an end-to-end mobile web based solution in a record time-frame of 3-1/2 months.
- Developed customized UI which is enriching, user friendly, focused on usability. This drove consumer to use the application more frequently, leading to higher product purchases.
- Better analysis of consumer preference and user behavior helped push the right content to consumers.
- Secure and Seamless Integration – With third-party systems ensuring continuity in workflow.
Due to successful implementation of this Mobile Commerce application, we have a long-term relationship with the customer and have developed Mobile Commerce Solution for other Karmaloop’s properties too, which is accessible across multiple mobile devices.