About the Client
Bizmatics Inc. provides clinical and business productivity software and services to healthcare providers of all sizes and specialties. They have been in business for over 14 years and support over 25 million medical patient interaction via their flagship product PrognoCIS. PrognoCIS was voted #1 by Black Book and is rated as top 10 EHR. Bizmatics Inc. is located in San Jose, California, USA.
Bizmatics wanted to develop a Patient Portal mobile application. The application was to enable better communication between the patients and physicians in a secure and convenient manner. The application needed to be accessible on multiple device platforms.
Bizmatics partnered with RapidValue to develop a Hybrid Patient Portal mobile application compatible for iOS and Android. The application should enable features such as unique login, access health records of patients, display laboratory and radiology results, provide educational material, schedule appointments with physicians, request reminders for medicine refills, send and receive messages, set-up billing, view payments, print statements, access and edit patient information. The application also needs to be compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
RapidValue proposed to use its interactive methodology and the offshore development team to execute this project.
We developed the hybrid patient portal app compatible with iOS and Android using cross-platform framework i.e. PhoneGap. This application can be accessed by patients who are registered with any one of Bizmatics’ clientele (clinics) across the Unites States. The application developed has an user-friendly User Interface (UI).
The key features of the app are:
- Login Screen: enrolled patients can enter their username and password to login to the application. New users can enroll themselves by tapping on the Enroll Now button and login details will then be automatically emailed to them.
- My Health Records: provides details like Past Medical History, Current Medication, Past Surgical History etc. This will also contain details like history of appointments, laboratory results, radiology results, education and ambulatory summary.
- Appointments: Patients can quickly see any upcoming appointment scheduled. They can also schedule new appointments.
- Refill Medicine: Patients can request refill of medicines already prescribed to them.
- Message Center: Allows patients to communicate with the clinic.
- Billing: Allows patients to view their outstanding balance, view payments they have made to the clinic in the past and, view and print statements.
- Personal Information: Patient’s basic demographic information, emergency contact, insurance information can be viewed and edited by the patient.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction – With the introduction of the hybrid patient portal application, patients are able to download the application from their appropriate app stores and access their medical data securely on their phones at anytime and from anywhere.
- Reduced Cost and Time – This application is integrated to PrognoCIS EHR. It is beneficial to both patients and physicians. The system stores and captures patient data quickly, securely and intuitively. With PrognoCIS EHR, physicians can easily document patient data using multiple data entry methods such as point & click, voice recognition and handwriting recognition. Once data is contained within the EHR, PrognoCIS allows for lightning-fast retrieval using an intuitive search functionality that allows searching across entire patient database based on specific requests.