How to Transform Web Business to Mobile Business
With advancement in technology, smartphones & tablets are changing the way people use their mobile devices. More organizations are moving towards a mobile first strategy for their business. Today, the question should be how to implement a mobile strategy, and not should we go mobile? This is what most industry experts are expecting in the coming years:
- As per Neilsen, US smartphone penetration has reached 64% within 6 years since 2007 when Apple first launched its iPhone.
- Worldwide smartphone penetration to reach 50% by 2017 from 33% in 2013 says eMarketer
- Web traffic usage through mobile is 17.4% worldwide in 2013 from 11.1% in 2012.
- Asia leads the planet with the most-mobile web users with 26.6% of web traffic coming from mobile devices.
- Based on a research by Canalys, Touch-screen devices (including iPad, iPhone and hybrids such as Microsoft’s Surface Pro) will account for 59% of all PCs shipped in 2016.
And according to world’s top retailers:
- Mobile is the best opportunity says Walmart. Over the past two years, Walmart notices 1/3rd of Walmart.com traffic from mobile visitors.
- Mobile continues to be a strength and source of growth, with mobile enabled commerce volume jumping 75%. 20% of the company’s sales are via mobile, as eBay added 3.2mn new mobile users across its entire suite of apps.
- 55% of visits to Zillow now come from a mobile device and that soars to over 60% on weekends.
- Why mobile?
- How is mobile different from Web?
- Technology considerations when moving to mobile
- Business considerations when moving to mobile
For more information on this topic, read the detailed presentation on How to Transform Web Business to Mobile Business.