RapidValue’s testing services have helped us enhance the quality and stability of our cutting-edge products. Their expertise in testing IoT-based applications coupled with state-of-the-art testing tools and frameworks has drastically improved the product quality. I would like to thank team RapidValue for their commendable job and commitment, that was critical to the success of our product launch.
– VP of Engineering, A US-based Startup Company
Internet Of Things
The Internet of Things, or IoT, is emerging as the next technology mega-trend, with powerful and remarkable effects across the business spectrum. IoT connects to the Internet, billions of everyday devices, which range from fitness bracelets to industrial equipment. IoT merges the physical and online worlds and opens up a host of new opportunities and challenges for enterprises, companies, governments and consumers.
A lot of things will change – personal lives, productivity at workplace and the consumption pattern. The Internet of Things is predicted to permeate almost every sphere and industry. Data can be collected from, practically, any conceivable source. IoT is progressing and Cloud is the platform of choice for the integration of data from machines and IT systems.
According to latest IDC’s report, the IoT market is expected to be $1.7 trillion by 2020. Gartner predicts that there will be over $25 Billion connected “things” by 2020. There is much hype around IoT and once you get past all the confusion and noise and realize just how simple and powerful IoT can be, the next question arises
What can it do for your business?
Industry Focused IoT Solutions
RapidValue along with key IoT partners provides complete end-to-end solutions, product development (hardware and software) services for various industries such as manufacturing, heavy equipment & construction, energy & utilities, logistics & transportation, telecom and healthcare.
- Remote Asset Monitoring: Intelligent asset monitoring solution for real-time visibility of operations.
- Smart Factories: Smart Factories ensure smart manufacturing which uses the advanced information and manufacturing technologies in order to enable flexibility in physical processes. This helps to address a dynamic and global market.
- Predictive Maintenance: Performed regularly on equipment, while it is still working, so that it does not break down, unexpectedly.
Heavy Equipment & Construction
- Equipment Tracking: Tracking and managing equipment play a crucial role in, effectively, controlling and optimizing your tool inventory.
- Yard Automation: Yard Automation involves the integration of a variety of components and devices. This aims to help in enhancing the safety and improve productivity.
- Utilization Management and Lifting as a Service Enablement: Provided to the client to facilitate processes.
Logistics & Transportation
- Fleet Management and Monitoring: Services include fleet management and monitoring, thereby, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing the company’s overall transportation and staff costs.
- Route and Fuel Optimization: Route and Fuel Optimization enables you to save time, money and fuel.
- Predictive Maintenance: Helps you to lessen the likeability of the any kind of failure.
- Quality of Shipment Detection: Quality of shipment detection helps you to ensure the shipment process is carried out successfully.
Energy & Utilities
- Remote Asset Monitoring: With potentially hundreds of assets, it, increasingly, becomes difficult to manage them. A Smart Continuous Remote Asset Monitoring helps to optimize and measure and also, reduce maintenance.
- Outage Management: An Outage Management System (OMS) to assist in restoration of power.
- Predictive Maintenance: Assuring Predictive Maintenance to maintain security and prevent failure.
- Health and Safety Solutions: Health and Safety Solutions to maintain a safe atmosphere and manage critical risks.
RapidValue helps you to build IoT solutions that work in tandem with your existing platforms, applications, devices or systems, thereby, making sure that there is no new silo platform or solution added to your IT portfolio.
- UX design and delivery from sensors to the application layer.
- Integration with existing devices, platforms, and systems.
- Pre-built accelerators.
- Advanced analytics.
The Client: A leading industrial application and service provider.
About the Application: The client wanted to develop a smart system for its central operations team to continuously monitor their assets including plant personnel and critical assets. They wanted to improve the asset uptime by continuously monitoring various critical parameters, enhance the security of the plant with intelligent video surveillance and improve the safety of their employees.
Solution: RapidValue along with the partner, Cupola Technology designed a robust industrial IoT gateway that will securely extend the network throughout the plant to connect with a wide variety of assets. We performed the end-to-end deployment of Smart Factory- Asset Health Monitoring solution, including embedded software design, centralized asset monitoring platform, application with the dashboard, reports on the status of assets, and production zone monitoring with live video feeds and surveillance.
Value Offered: The client achieved a comprehensive 360-degree view of the plant with critical zones marked for continuous monitoring. The solution increased the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of critical assets. It also helped in reducing unauthorized entry especially in restricted access areas through automated IoT and RFID-based personnel access control.
The Client: A diversified equipment and project services company which operates throughout the United States, and in key geographies worldwide.
About the Application: The client wanted a solution to track their (1500+) equipment’s current location, hour meter readings, hours of operation and the distance travelled. They wanted both operational views which can pull up daily reports and senior management views on tablet/mobile devices which can show overall KPIs and exceptions.
Solution: RapidValue developed an Equipment Tracking and Telemetry System which integrated seamlessly with client’s existing hardware provider. The telemetry system is based on an algorithm, driven by business logic and retrieved data in an asynchronous and on-demand basis. The devices were connected with the telemetry platform, which the client had, and built dashboards and reports to remotely monitor asset’s location and hours of operation. Bing maps were integrated with telemetry devices on 1000+ assets to track the location of assets in real time. Automated reports and dashboards were built, based on the business rules.
Value Offered: Cranes equipped with embedded sensors and electronic control units help you capture more data about mission critical assets. There was an increase in the utilization and efficiency from operator assistance. There was global visibility with regards to the cranes, their current location, and their utilization. The solution helped the operations team to take decisions like inspection required, maintenance required etc., based on the hours of usage, operational hours etc. It helped the management, immensely, to streamlining the fuel usage, based on data about idling, route travelled and number of hours the engine is on. The solution helped the client to make informed decisions on pricing, logistics, and operations support which aided in increasing efficiency and utilization with information from autonomous end points.