Why are Enterprises going ‘the Cloud’ Way?
Cloud computing has been experiencing an exponential growth over the last few years. The growth is only expected to increase over the next few years. In simple terms, cloud computing refers to sharing of resources and computing based on the Internet. Earlier, people used to run the applications or programs from the software, which were downloaded on a physical computer or server in their building. The Cloud technology (the cloud) allows people to access the same kind of applications, through the Internet. It is, definitely, a solution that is growing in popularity, especially among SMEs. According to reliable sources, more than 90 %percent of the apps, that are created in 2015, will run in cloud or ‘hybrid colocation’.
Even though, ‘the Cloud’ has been the buzzword for few years now; however, its impact has been visible, more recently. Many businesses are shifting their technology ecosystem to the cloud, mainly because of its significant advantages to the corporate growth. Some interesting Cloud technology facts that are worth mentioning:
There are several benefits too, which are driving enterprises towards cloud hosting:
- On-Demand Access: One of the most important reasons, for organizations, to shift their focus to cloud computing is the ability to quickly meet the demands of the business. Cloud based services have gained success in meeting the bandwidth requirement of the companies, because of the ability to host the huge volume of the cloud service’s remote servers. It supports scaling-up operations quickly to meet greater usage needs, and scaling down just as quickly, if resources are unused.
- Superior Performance: Organizations, which adopt cloud technology, can resolve the issues much faster than businesses that do not use the cloud. The speed of processing is much faster than the traditional set-up. Also, the Cloud technology platform, considers the server maintenance and security updates. This reduces the hassle for the IT department, as time and resources are saved, and they can focus on their other important activities.
- Improves Efficiency: It increases productivity, helps in streamlining processes and, also, in improving the workflow. Cloud technology has significant efficiency and cost advantages. Cloud technology enables entrepreneurs to refine their existing venture and also, advance its levels of efficiency.
- Reduces Cost: One, always, looks to minimize costs without compromising performance. Another essential feature is that there is no involvement for capital expenditure, as cloud services are ‘pay as you go’. Cloud services are much faster to deploy and the businesses have to spend a minimal amount as the project start-up cost. Organizations can, also, predict the ongoing operating expenses.
- Enhances Collaboration: Cloud technology is said to have increased collaboration. It allows the employees to synchronize their files and shared apps, instantly and simultaneously. Cloud technology lets you track your associates and their work, which, further, helps you to receive real-time updates.
- Highly Secure: When everything is stored in the cloud, data can still be accessed, irrespective of what happens to your machine. The data is also encrypted and transmitted between systems and applications, ensuring information is completely protected.
Store, Access and Manage Data Easily
Cloud storage has become an integral part of our modern-mobile life. As more and more people are getting addicted to multiple computing devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones, data cannot be easily managed, stored or accessed. Cloud storage has been enabling organizations and ensuring that the data, that we need and want, are available easily, at any time and from anywhere. With Cloud, you can obtain and get access to an array of free services which lets you, automatically, upload your smartphone photos to the cloud and sync your documents across multiple devices. Cloud enables you to work collaboratively on the web. Now, sharing large files with your friends and coworkers is easier than ever. We, no longer, have the fear that the data that we are sending will bounce back, due to the limit that is imposed by the email servers. It lets you to simply send a link to the files that are stored, within the cloud service. You can get easy access to the link, instantaneously.
The Future of ‘the Cloud’
Surveys conducted by industry experts and researchers show that cloud adoption is growing and most enterprises are leveraging multiple cloud environments that combine both public and private cloud options. Throughout the next five years, a 44% annual growth in workloads for the public cloud versus an 8.9% growth for on-premise computing workloads is expected. Organizations are eager to adopt cloud infrastructure services to ensure governance, maintenance and reduction in the costs. This focus-shift to cloud adoption is a critical step in the building of a cloud-centric future. Today, cloud is a mainstream part of IT and has been adopted by nearly 90% of the businesses. The value proposition of cloud technology has always been transparent and clear— reduction in cost, easy provisioning, ROI, flexible scaling. Cloud computing encompasses a range of hybrid offerings—combinations of cloud hosting and dedicated hardware. This is offered along with the software tools, which enable these systems to work together, seamlessly.
What are your thoughts? Do you have your business strategy, aligned with the cloud implementation strategy? Do you think that the Cloud technology can help you create a more efficient commercial operation?
Leveraging Cloud technology into your business can have a significant impact across various verticals. It is the right time to rethink your corporate strategy and work towards the Cloud way!
Market Research, RapidValue Solutions