Cloud resources are easy to deploy and consume but they can also be left running and underutilized. It is much essential to periodically, review your cloud environment. This is critical to keep the costs down and your applications secure. Advanced technologies like Big Data and Mobility have known to have fueled stronger growth in the cloud computing industry. Enterprises and organizations need scalable and accessible infrastructures and platforms to use newer technologies.
Why Organizations Attach Importance to Cloud Optimization
Cloud optimization is essential for correctly selecting and assigning the right resources to a workload or application. When workload performance, compliance, and cost are continually and effectively balanced with the best-fit infrastructure in real time, you achieve efficiency. Cloud optimization allows CloudOps to maximize cloud value-for-spend and deliver topmost app performance and reporting thereof.
Cloud optimization helps:
- To maximize the efficiency of your servers, storage, and databases
- To drive down costs across resources
- In increasing uptime with high availability
- To future-proof your business
- To reduce risks associated with change management
- In providing improved security and compliance
Ways to Improve the Efficiency of your Cloud Usage
Business can optimize their costs and resources and achieve operational efficiency by using cloud services. The adoption of the cloud has been driven by the digitization of the business world, which has exponentially added to the amount of data, programs, and systems that an organization needs. It is essential to improve the efficiency of cloud usage in order to increase the effectiveness of cloud and avoid potential problems. Some factors facilitate the effectiveness of cloud utilization.
- Categorization of data and selection of the appropriate level for their storage.
- Information security needs to be stronger for the larger scale of the cloud.
- Converged infrastructure will facilitate high resource utilization, equipment density, energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Using cloud analytics helps to improve your business.
- A solid governance structure in place helps to determine how the organization will monitor the cloud solution and approach the established policies.
- The right cloud MSP can maximize your ROI and provide ways to leverage your business with cloud.
- You must determine your application’s architecture. This can be a guide to your cloud optimization endeavors.
The Future – What Lies Ahead
Cloud has been and will continue to be a disruptive force when it comes to enterprise IT. It is quite evident that the future trends in cloud computing will continue to shape the way enterprises leverage public, private and hybrid cloud. To focus on the future, you need to modernize what you have or migrate to flexible, open, stable platforms and tools. Cloud computing is changing businesses in many ways. Whether it is the way they store their data, improve agility and go-to-market for faster release of new products and services, or how they store and protect their secure information, cloud computing is benefiting all businesses.
- Hybrid cloud is likely to become the dominant business model.
- Highest cloud budget allocation for backup and disaster recovery.
- Serverless computing is gaining popularity and will continue to achieve more prominence.
- The process of using data container will become simpler.
- The utilization of AI to process Big Data will increase.
- Edge computing will be essential to execute data processing and streamline cloud computing.
- The requirement for service mesh, to diminish the complexity of containers, will increase significantly.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will be important and organizations must ensure that their data practices are both safe and compliant.
- 80% of the business processes will move to cloud.
- Since multi-cloud approach has become mainstream, strategies are likely to grow.
Since cloud is dynamic and constantly changing, it requires constant attention and continuous monitoring. As cloud is becoming an increasingly integral part of most organizations’ business, optimizing your cloud will only become more essential. Cloud optimization is considered to be a necessity as cloud services form an increasingly large component of organizations’ overall IT infrastructures. Efficiency is one of the greatest advantages that cloud solutions offer. Hence, businesses are focusing on optimization of cloud thus, enabling improvement in cloud usage efficiency.
Nairita Goswami, Marcom Specialist, RapidValue