Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. It came into existence before Java and C# programming languages. Python 3.0, released in 2008, was a major revision of the language that is not completely backward-compatible, and the much talked about Python 2 code does not run unmodified on Python 3.
In this article, we are going to discuss Selenium automation using Python 3.x. In this tutorial, you’ll learn advanced Python web automation techniques, using Selenium.
Why Selenium for Automation Testing?
There are few aspects as to why we prefer Selenium for automation testing. Selenium is one of the most popular automation testing tools. The Selenium test scripts can be written in any programming languages like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, Perl, as so on and can be executed in many operating system platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. The test scripts can be implemented on different browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
Why Python for Automation Testing?
Python supports multiple programming patterns and has many built-in testing frameworks such as Pytest and Robot, which cover the debugging and faster workflow. It is an interpreted language which means that the interpreter implements the code line by line at a time that makes debugging easy. Python is Cross-platform Language and hence, it can run on different platforms like Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh. It can be easily implemented with other programming languages such as C, C++, JAVA, etc.
Advantages of Python
- Python is capable of interacting with most of the other languages and platforms.
- Python provides a large standard library which reduces the length of code to be written significantly.
- Python language is developed under an OSI-approved open source license.
- Python offers excellent readability and uncluttered simple-to-learn syntax which helps beginners to utilize this programming language.
- Python has built-in list and dictionary data structures which can be used to construct fast runtime data structures.
- Python has clean object-oriented design, provides enhanced process control capabilities, and possesses strong integration and text processing capabilities and its own unit testing framework, all of which contribute to the increase in its speed and productivity.
Python is powerful and fast, plays well with others, runs everywhere and is friendly and, easy to learn. It is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. So, Python is a secure and powerful language that helps the automation engineers to write their automation script for Selenium.
This article helps the Selenium automation engineers to up skill and write their scripting in different language like Python.
Please click here Automate Selenium with Python to know more about how to Configure Selenium using Python.
Test Architect, RapidValue