Today, automation testing has become an integral part of the software development cycle across all industries and companies. It helps to speed up execution cycles, exempt testers from repetitive tasks, reduce human efforts and provide instant feedback. To increase the overall software efficiency and ensure robust software quality, organizations have prioritized test automation. An automation framework helps to test early in the process, test frequently, and continue testing after the product is operational. Early testing in QA identifies problems before getting ready into the design phase, and implementation identifies problems that provide a poor user experience.
Kotlin Programming Language
Kotlin is a statically typed, general-purpose programming language developed by JetBrains that has built world-class IDEs like IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, Appcode, etc. It was first introduced by JetBrains in 2011 and a new language for the JVM. Kotlin is object-oriented language, and a “better language” than Java, but still is fully interoperable with Java code. Kotlin is sponsored by Google, announced as one of the official languages for Android Development in 2017.
Advantages of Kotlin
- Code written in Kotlin works with Java as well as it does natively.
- Kotlin offers first-class support for functional programming, even though it is mainly object-oriented.
- Kotlin has a good compiler.
- Kotlin supports seamless integration with the existing infrastructure. Kotlin’s compatible with all Java frameworks and libraries, and it’s designed to integrate easily with Maven and Gradle build systems.
- Kotlin provides enhanced run-time performance.
- Kotlin is easier and cheaper to maintain.
All of us know that Kotlin is a general-purpose, open-source, statically typed programming language initially designed for the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and Android that combines object-oriented and functional programming features. It is known to us that TestNG itself provides an HTML report and the report will get generated in the test-output folder of your project structure.
Let’s discuss the implementation of the Extent Report using Kotlin language.
Click here to understand the step-by-step procedure and gain insights on the correct approach about implementation of the Extent Report using Kotlin language and controlled by TestNG.
Test Architect, RapidValue